I choose to avoid the news on the basis that much of it is depressing and defeating, just a personal choice to surround myself with greater love and joy reading books on spirituality, self help or even poetry that uplifts the spirits and provides solace.
Through the grapevine, in my social circles, it came to light of Wayne Dyer’s passing. Having read his material for years and having grown up on books like “The Power of Intention” or “Wishes Fulfilled”, I was saddened to hear of his demise. An author of 30 books, he is known internationally for his imprint upon our hearts. Despite having leukemia, he believed he could heal it in his body. He died of a heart attack in his sleep, and the coroners report read that there was an absence of leukemia in his body. Here is a helpful list that a kind soul shared with me, courtesy of Wayne Dyer. R.I.P Wayne, you will be missed but have been an inspiration and beacon of light in my life.
10 Symptoms of Inner Peace according to Wayne Dyer
1. A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences
2. An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment
3. A loss of interest in judging other people
4. A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others
5. A loss of interest in conflict
6. A loss of the ability to worry
7. Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation
8. Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature
9. Frequent attacks of smiling
10. An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it